Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Update about Coach K

Ryan sent this letter from Coach over to me (It was shared with the current students.):

"Coach wanted to let you know what is happening with his health. His most important words were I do not want the kids to be upset but I want to be honest with them. This is what coach wanted me to tell you: I have a reoccurring cancer that has come back. Right now my health is somewhat weak but I am determined and strong and I want you to know I will fight this. I have a lot going my way, I am thankful for my faith in God, I am thankful for the support of my family, friends and my kids at Hollis Brookline High School. I want to thank you all for all your cards, prayers and many kind words. I want you to know I am going to have a tough battle ahead, but I am going to fight this! I do not want you to dwell on sadness that will not help. I believe in the incredible power of the mind and we need to be positive. Positive emotions have a significant effect on how we see the world and what we do with ourselves. Everything happens for a reason, nothing by chance, they all occur to test the limits of our soul.
So I am looking for your support and positive energy, and I am expecting you to use this energy and let other students who are not here, know how strong and determined I am. I would like you guys to continue to work your hardest in academics, keep in shape, as the spring track season is right around the corner. I will be giving daily workouts to Mr. Boggis and Frank T. and expect a lot from this team this season. We are going to be a strong team and a tough team to beat. I certainly need all of you to be positive and strong, being positive always brings us inner strength. I have a new email address at home and would like to hear from all of you. My email address is coachkorcoulis@yahoo.com
Hope to hear from you soon.
Coach"

We all wish Coach our best!!

No comments:

Post a Comment